Monday, May 6, 2013

Recommendation Report


Memorandum

May 1, 2013

 

TO: Justine Markin and Angela Markin

FROM: Justine Markin

SUBJECT: Recommendation to University of Arizona

 

As you have recommended, I have applied to multiple colleges for my life after high school. The purpose of this report is to weigh my options and choose the best one for me. After some visits and talks with all schools, I have narrowed the choices to two locations: Sam Houston University and University of Arizona. With your comments in mind, I have developed the following criteria for the ideal place for me:

1.      Location

2.      Price

3.      Living

 

RECOMMENDATION

I recommend that we choose the University of Arizona. The location is beautiful and not far from home. The college is a little pricey, but I fell you pay for what you get. The UofA has a really good campus, education system, and atmosphere. All dorms are really nice and can easily work for the first year of living.

 

DISCUSSION

LOCATION

Both colleges are in two separate states from California. Therefore, the location must be suitable and comfortable for the next four years.

 

Sam Houston University. The college is huge, making it its own town in Texas. It has a large amount of hills that surround the school in and out. About 1400 miles away, this would be a 5 hour plane ride or 32 hour drive. It is very humid yet the weather is almost always nice.

 

University of Arizona. This college is new and beautiful. It’s all flat and mostly hot year round.it would be easy travel only being about 400 miles away, making it a 1 hour plane ride or 6 hour drive.

 

Conclusion. While both locations meet our requirements, the UofA seems more convenient and accessible.   

 
PRICE

We have received scholarship money and loans to pay for one full year of college.

 

Sam Houston University. The college is big and has a lot to offer. The cost per year is around $35,000. This covers education, dorms, entrance fees, sorority, etc.

 

University of Arizona. The college is newer and is much known for its academics. The cost per year is around $45,000. This covers all expenses needed to attend.

 

Conclusion. The cost for UofA is $10,000 more expensive. It exceeds our price range yet all other categories fill our requirements.

 

LIVING

Both dorms are on campus close to where my classes will be. They’re nice and room two people, someone else and myself.

 

Sam Houston university. These dorms are fairly new and exceed my living expectations. Each room comes with its own small kitchen area and own personal bathrooms.

 

University of Arizona. The dorm is on the west end close to the stadium, market, and my classes. It is a coed building hold two people to a room. Bathrooms are in the middle of the hall and there a large kitchen downstairs.

 

Conclusion. Both dorms are extremely nice and fit my needs. I can adapt easily to any environment and feel I can make either areas work.

No comments:

Post a Comment